20100628

+ Go West +



[Neil Tennant]
"I didn't really go to gay clubs then, but I had a friend who was a clone, he wore a checked shirt and a moustache...
I didn't like that whole thing. I thought I didn't want to be gay. I didn't want the whole regimented thing and I was with a girl at that point.

But 'Go West' was this dream of going to San Francisco and living the gay life and it was going to be fabulous.
Then, of course, no one knew about AIDS. So that dream was, at the very least, changed if not destroyed by AIDS. So when we did 'Go West' they say super-camp and all the rest, but also is an elegy, an elegy for a time that's gone."

Pet Shop Boys. A life in pop (George Scott, 2006)


+++
Pet Shop Boys - Pop Art -2003
+


+++
PET SHOP BOYS..........Go West
feat. two Welsh Miners Choirs
performed at the 1994 BRIT Awards
+






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario